Invisalign is a great and comfortable alternative to metal braces. Invisalign braces work in a majority of cases and help treat most orthodontic problems. Invisalign are trays that are made out of a strong plastic material. A computer generates a unique mold for each individual tooth!
Invisalign get their name because they are invisible when you wear them. Invisalign help fix over and under bites as well as crowded teeth, spaces between the teeth and rotated teeth. The doctors at Diamond Braces are experts at Invisalign treatment and have successfully treated a great number of patients with Invisalign.
Don’t forget, Invisalign is only as good as the treating doctor. Diamond Braces is the top 1% of Invisalign providers in the world by quality and quantity of cases submitted and successfully treated. These invisible braces are an appealing choice to many adults, especially those who wore braces as children and experienced teeth shifting in adult life and are now in need of some correction.
It is recommended for patients to seek Invisalign treatment from experienced orthodontists and not general dentists to get the best quality work. All of the doctors at Diamond Braces are expert orthodontists and are specially trained in tooth movement. We have seen thousands of success stories come out of our office with Invisalign.
Due to the high volume of patients that we are treating using Invisalign, Align Technologies, the company that makes the trays, offers Diamond Braces great discounts that are transferred to our patients. Our treatment cost for Invisalign is similar to the cost of getting traditional metal braces. Invisalign prices vary from $3,500 to $5,500, including the retainers and all refinements depending on the length of a patient’s treatment.
Invisalign Pros and Cons:
- They are virtually invisible and nobody will know that you are wearing them except for you.
- Invisalign is better than traditional braces for periodontally compromised patients with bone loss.
- They are very comfortable and patients don’t feel them very much when wearing them.
- They are easier to clean than traditional braces.
- They don’t irritate your gums as much as traditional braces might. There is little (if any need) for dental wax.
- They do not stain your teeth.
- The aligners are numbered and worn for two weeks each. Your time in treatment is well established.
- The treatment time can sometimes be faster than traditional braces.
- You’ll get a computer simulation showing how your teeth will move during treatment. This will also show your projected final outcome.
- They may cost more than traditional braces.
- The treatment time may take longer than with traditional braces.
- Some of your teeth will need tooth colored attachments during treatment.
- They require complete compliance with treatment
- In rare cases, you may still need traditional braces for a few months before or after your Invisalign treatment, to correct certain problems.
- Some cases will require “reshaping” of some teeth or “IPR”.
- You will still experience some discomfort
- It takes 4 weeks for the aligners to arrive from the factory which may be a long time to wait while braces can be done immediately. You may also need more aligners (i.e. refinement) after your original set of aligners.
- You have to make a habit of always wearing your aligners. If you forget to wear them, the treatment will not work.
- In some very rare cases, Invisalign may not work for the patient’s teeth and not be able to treat the problem.
- Some patients may develop allergies to Invisalign. Although this isn’t common, it has happened. In the case that you have an allergy, we will switch your alignment case to ceramic braces and still be able to straighten your teeth.